Saturday, August 27, 2016

When Darkness Comes

When my mind feels like it's against me,
I'll remember who He made me to be.
When my demons bring out the worst of my emotions,
I'll remember that He can calm any ocean.
When I feel like I'm lost in a dark place,
I'll remember that through any darkness I can always see His face. 
When I feel like the light inside of me is burning out,
I'll remember that He placed a fire in me that burns away any doubt.
When I feel like my whole world has suddenly become my worst fear,
I'll remember that it will always be beautiful because He is always here.
When I feel like I can't be strong anymore,
I'll remember that that's what praying is for.
When I start to miss the care free person that I once knew,
I'll always remember that God made me in His image so that part of me has always been true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment